Monday, April 28, 2014

We're having a baby!!

Towards the end of October, I found out that I was pregnant.  We were thrilled!  We had given up hope after 9 years and had accepted that God just wanted to grow our family through adoption.  Just before Christmas we found out that we were going to have another baby girl.  Christopher was a little upset that it wasn't a baby boy, but we were all happy to be having another baby.  I wound up in the hospital over spring break in March as I was having contractions.  I wasn't due until May 30th, so I went in to be monitored.  Due to high blood pressure and diabetes, they decided to keep me.  There was talk about maybe transferring me to Big Baylor in Dallas and monitoring me until I delivered so if she had to come early, there was a NICU available to handle a baby that early.  I was scared and there was a lot going on with the birthmom and visits with the girls.  I was just wanting to complete the girls adoptions before we had our baby too as I felt like they were here before we found out that we were expecting and deserved to have their adoption finalized before the baby was born.  I was all wound up (great for your blood pressure) with everything going on, but thankfully tests revealed that it wasn't as serious as they first thought.  My Dr. also realized that I was needed at home.  I just had to agree to more doctor visits so I could be monitored more closesly.  I was thankful too because our adoptions for the girls was just a couple of weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment