Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Christopher the artist...

Christopher is a great artist and he was sitting at the kitchen table the other day and he wanted to draw.  He started telling his sisters that he wanted to draw Donald Duck for them.  Joy said that she didn't really like Donald Duck that much and Grace was just staring at him with an odd look on her face.  Catherine likes it when he draws stuff for her, but he had all these intentions and so I suggested that maybe he could make pictures and write Get Well messages on them and I'd send them to the Children's Hospital.  He immediately yelled out "Yeah, because I am a good artist and I can make people feel better!"  He drew for awhile and got tired and he came to me and asked me "Can I give the kids some of my toys so they aren't bored in the hospital?  Or can I give them my allowance?"  I told him that I appreciated his heart but I didn't know about any of that and so I'd have to look it up, but maybe the kids could make donations to a jar and then at the end of the year, we could send in their donation to help the kids.  He smiled so big and I was so proud of him at that moment in showing his sweet side.

No comments:

Post a Comment