Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life Books

My little one is 7 and she's been asking the past couple of days to look at her book.  I'm a couple of years behind, but she wanted to see what she looked like when she was little and see what we did back then.  So, I pulled it out and we sat and looked at the pictures and I read what I had journaled to her.  We shared lots of giggles and "hey, I remember that."  She was a little surprised when she asked me how there was a book in the store about her for me to say that I made it for her.  That meant so much to her.  I told her that once they start back to school, I'm going to work on each child's book each week until I can get all caught up.  I've hated that I've been so far behind with sending out pictures, doing life/scrap books and all that.  My poor baby is 2 and she doesn't even have a book yet.   That's gotta change.  I used to love doing it when I had more time and then I did it digitally for awhile...and now I really want to go back to doing paper.  I'll probably keep them simple until I'm caught up and have more time to spend on each little layout/story and all that.  But, spending that time with her helped me to see just how very important those books are...to me and to them.  They like to see their story written down and in pictures.  We can help them by creating it for them and they get to see that it's something special just for them and it was made warmly by us to preserve those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment